Thursday, February 2, 2017

Elinor Lipman Part 2: A reader replies with a memory from 22 years ago.

Elinor Lipman, part 2:

From our friend Valerie: "I was just reading your blog post about Elinor Lipman and felt compelled to send you another bit of minutiae. Her first visit to Milwaukee was at the Brookfield store on March 20, 1995. As a big fan, I remember it well! It was a very rainy Monday night, and I had worked all day in the kid's section. My sister had never read any of Elinor Lipman's books, but I convinced her to come to the signing anyway. After listening to Elinor read from Isabel's Bed, my sister bought several books and proceeded to absolutely gush to Elinor (and tell her entire life story, as my sister is prone to do). I had a photocopy of the attached letter tucked in one of the books I had signed that night. Thought you'd enjoy it!"


Thank you to Catherine, Merry, Dana, and all the other Schwartz Booksellers who helped put together this wonderful evening 22 years ago. It's led to many, many, many more memories.

Our event with Elinor Lipman is Sunday, February 19, 2 pm, at the Schlitz Audubon Nature Center, with us working with former bokseller Nancy Quinn. Tickets are $26 and include admission, fees, taxes, and a copy of the book. Don't forget that we'll be giving $5 from each ticket back to the Schlitz Audubon. And yes, there is an $18 gift card option on the day of the event, though why you wouldn't want a copy of On Turpentine Lane is beyond me!

No comments: