Thursday, March 17, 2016

Display of the Day! David Sedaris at the Riverside, April 23, 8 pm.

David Sedaris is back at the Riverside Theater on Saturday, April 23, 8 pm. We said we'd help get the word out with a display. I'm also excited about Sedaris's author recommendation, for Jill Leovy's Ghettoside: A True Story of Murder in America. Did you know that this is another book edited by Chris Jackson at Spiegel and Grau, along with Between the World and Me and Just Mercy? It's also nominated for the National Book Critics Circle Award.

So I put together a nice display of Sedaris backlist and Ghettoside. The event sign has all the info. The show at the Riverside is April 23, 8 pm. Tickets are $47 and $57, plus taxes and fees. You can be directed to ticket purchase at the Sedaris event page or call the box office at (414) 286-3663. 

But wait, I took the photo and forgot about the bookmarks that Dixie dropped off from the theater! We don't always have handy take-aways from our event, hoping instead you'll take our complete upcoming event calendar (the new one is out, and its cosmic orange), but sometimes a bookmark or postcard is just the ticket. 

I am clearly very disturbed that I forgot to put it on the display, which accounts for my expression. I have now fixed the problem.

I have also suggested to Emily at Sedaris's agents office that he read Evicted, the new book from Matthew Desmond. Now that it's a huge bestseller (#6 on the New York Times list), it's probably on his radar. But just in case, Emily suggested I recommend it to him at the event. We'll see if we have any downtime when he is looking for bookseller suggestions.

No comments: