Thursday, May 22, 2014

Our Event with Michael Mair for Tonight is Cancelled. Will be Rescheduled. Being Sick Sucks.

So I get an email from Michael Mair, the author of our scheduled event book tonight (May 22, 2014, if you're browsing the archives), Kaiten: Japan's Secret Manned Suicide Submarine and the First American Ship It Sank in WWII. "I am very sick." Details omitted. "I will be able to get to the event, but will be too sick to drive home. Please send info on area hotels."

Mr. Mair is driving from Platteville, three hours away. I call.

"Don't worry, my wife is going to drive me," he reassures me.

"How are you feeling?" I ask.

"Terrible. But I'll do it."

But I talked him out of it. I didn't think he'd make it all the way anyway and how could I do this to him? This strain of stomach flu is awful. Mr. Mair gets points for making the effort, but we want him to get well soon and wish him the best, and the best way for him to do that is to rest.

So my apologies, but we're cancelling tonight's event. We'll be able to reschedule this one, and we'll get you details as soon as we have them.

No comments: